- We ensure complete test coverage, create test cases for all possible input combinations of the API.
- Call sequencing should be performed and well planned
- Special care must be taken while handling one time call functions like – Delete, Close Window, etc…
- Test cases should be grouped by test category
- On top each test, should include the declarations of the APIs being called.
- Parameters selection should be explicitly mentioned in the test case itself
- Prioritize API function calls so that it will be easy for testers to test
- Each test case should be as self-contained and independent from dependencies as possible
- data exchange, REST support XML, Json or exchange of data in simple URL. WSDL is XML based language which will be used to describe the services offered by a web service. SOAP is defined using WSDL.
- We test Web Service or API using Test Automation tools like SoapUI, We capable to test any third party APIs or Web Service using Automated Testing Tools like SoupUI, Selenium.
- Software Applications communicate and exchange data with each other using a Web Service or developing software some time we use third party API to avoid headache of the API functionality develop, for example if we require Forecast or Calendar functionalities, we call Google Forecast or Calendar API & providing the solution in our software development.